1. Something to transport me: Flytographer Hawaiian Sunset Candle ($25) I just want a little aloha in my life!
2. Upgrade my carry-on bag: Tumi Carson Backpack ($275) I believe in the quality of Tumi after receiving my first backpack a few years ago & wouldn’t mind a slightly larger one ;)
3. Place my husband should send me to: The Green O - the adults-only, immerse yourself in serenity experience at the Resort at Paws Up in Montana. Thinking I earned it and so did you this year!
4. Something to transport me: A sip of Einstok White Ale immediately brings me back to warming up in the Drunk Rabbit pub in Reykjavik after hiking the Solheimajokull Glacier.
5. A place/trip I’d like to be gifted: Since New Zealand probably won’t open its borders anytime in the near future, I’d settle for a stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai or perhaps more realistically ;) a weekend at the Mohonk Mountain House in the Hudson Valley.
6. Things I cannot live without on ANY trip: Facial spray to hydrate ($7), Portable power bank ($22), Packing cubes to organize my life ($58), and a Barefoot Dreams cardigan (the coziest!!) for the plane ($147)
7. Something to transport me: One delectable bite into the Kahala’s signature Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts ($32) takes me right back to the sunny Hawaiian island of Oahu. They come in traditional flavors such as milk, dark, and white chocolate but sometimes offer special seasons flavors as well!
8. A must-have for travel: Nothing helps me tune out of the chaos of flying better (and get some sleep!) than my favorite Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones ($379) - a splurge, yes, but well worth it! For those looking for a lightweight Bluetooth headphone option that won’t break the bank, check out these sleep headphones ($22) that can double as a sleep mask.
9. For the travel-obsessed kid: Our kids love game night and there are so many fun travel-inspired board games that are as educational as they are fun. A few of our family favorites are Trekking The World: A Globetrotting Family Board Game ($50), Trekking The National Parks ($50), and Ticket to Ride ($50) which also comes in a junior version for younger kids, First Journey ($35).
11. A place/trip I’d like to be gifted: Much like Leah, I’m dreaming of New Zealand. But I also think I’d have a ton of fun staying stateside with a group of friends at The JL Bar Ranch & Resort. Adventurous morning activities followed by afternoon cocktails at the pool? - Yes, please!
12. Gifts for someone traveling with young kids: It’s hard to keep toddlers and young kids entertained on a flight. I like to bring small, easy to pack in a carry-on, new things my kids haven’t seen before...like these Melissa & Doug Water WOW! ($11) or Scratch Art ($14) books, and WikkiStix ($5).
13. To make your gift-giving easier - HCTC Gift Cards are here! These can be used towards our planning services and never expire!
Did you find this info helpful? Make sure to pin it to your Pinterest board!
We'd love to help plan your perfect vacation, contact us HERE!
We're experts in helping you plan the perfect getaway. If you've never used a travel advisor before, we'd love to show you the difference working with a travel professional can make for your overall vacation experience (think: upgraded amenities, increased value, and a few extra surprises along the way).
Don't miss out on your greatest adventure yet...
Here's how I take the stress out of your next vacation:
Step-by-step traveling planning services including:
Finding the best fit in hotels, tours, and transportation
travel insurance information ensuring your investment is protected
Gathering your travel documents
Planning a daily itinerary so you're never looking at each other saying, "Now what!?"
Dining reservations / recommendations
I'm here to answer questions throughout the planning process
PLUS I create a customized guide for your family detailing the travel process, packing lists, dining information, and tips and tricks specific to your trip and itinerary.
Let's work together - fill out your Trip Planning Form to get started!